Wednesday 10 July 2013

A first. I opened up my heart!



The harsh reality of having no income hits you like a punch in the gut. This is a cliché, I know, and rather understated, but the severity of this pending financial ruin and despondency runs deep within my veins, as well as my husband's.

BUT, I have so much belief that John will get his business off the ground, as there hasn't been a day or a waking hour when he hasn't given up or stopped reeling in customers (which he has a number of now!) promoting and the endless fight with the hierarchy of suppliers and banks that overrule or try to dismiss small and up and coming businesses.  

It would be so easy to lie down and die and blame everyone else - plead bankruptcy or sign on. Talking of which, this makes me so BLOODY mad, that a man who has worked his bollocks off daily for 25 yrs, finds himself in a position when the first bill is not paid, the internet/TV is switched off and our phones suspended. Oh, how easy welfare Britain have it. Never worked a day yet still have regular money and sky TV and enough dope to make you brain-dead. I don't want to sound a bitter and twisted cow, but, yes, I do feel this is so unfair...

When I lie awake at night, worrying about the next bounced direct debit and nasty tax letter looming, I think of the fun we still have and the laughter, in spite of the financial mess we are in and focus on the positives that John has incurred. He has had SO much support from his colleagues and they, like me, believe in him 100%.  The sad thing also, is that they too are in similar positions, as they lost their contracts at the same time. They have stood by John and worked with his tirelessly, and as I type this blog, they are with John in Birmingham doing a demo so they can provide satellite video footage for the 10K road race in London at the weekend.

He has costumers, big names, e.g. Pinewood studios, who want his services and his solutions and WANT TO PAY HIM! But it takes time and careful configurations and liaising with the suppliers and broadband space that is available. So I am very proud of his tenacity even though no money is evident as of yet, he has got this far with some big names that believe in him and want his skills. I just wish there was more time and more collateral to make it happen faster!

On a lighter note, after trying to sell the boys’ cub90s and other bits and bobs, my editing work seems to be flowing, just when I needed it to. There must be an angel playing with my heart, yeaaah! Love Annie Lennox!

Anyway, this was my latest review:

"I have worked with numerous editors in the past but none have impressed me as much as Charlotte. If you want someone with an eagle eye to look over your work, look no further - she provides in- depth and precise editing and excellent suggestions to make the story flow better. This is a fast and professional service. I whole heartedly recommend Charlotte for all of your editing needs. I intend to use her for all of my future novels! Thanks for doing such a great job :-)"

Julie Knowles - author

Good has come out from bad today, so every day is a step forward a step brighter, as long as you never lose the faith. ALWAYS BELEIVE.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment